IF YOU HAVE A FIRE ALARM SYSTEM OR FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM AT YOUR BUILDING - YOU WILL BE IMPACTED.
FIRE ALARM MONITORING 101
- Fire alarm systems are designed to detect a fire in your building and alert the occupants to evacuate.
- Fire sprinkler systems are similar and have the added ability to suppress a fire.
- Neither has the ability to alert the Fire Department of a fire at your building - unless you add a fire monitoring system and 24/7 ULC Monitoring service plan with Fire Alarm, Fire Trouble and Fire Supervisory detection.
- A Reed Security ULC Certified technician can install a fire alarm monitoring transmitter that meets the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard.
WHAT IS CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- It's the fire monitoring standard written by the Underwriters' Laboratories of Canada (ULC).
- It's the standard that is referenced in Building Codes and Fire Codes.
- It provides maximum protection and safety.
- It governs how fire monitoring equipment is installed, how it communicates and how its maintained.
- It governs how 24/7 ULC Monitoring Stations are built and how they receive signals from your building.
WHY DO YOU NEED CAN/ULC-S561-13?
- Fire Departments across Saskatchewan, including the Saskatoon Fire Department, are now enforcing the CAN/ULC-S561-13 national standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- Building Inspectors and Fire Inspectors are performing random inspections and will request to see your ULC Certificate.
- Most properties WILL NOT have a ULC Certificate (as the standard was not enforced in Saskatchewan until recently).
- If you cannot produce a ULC Certificate there will be a deficiency placed against your building and you will be provided some time to get obtain one.
- Failure to produce a ULC Certificate can result in large fines and delayed building occupancy.
- The ULC Certificate is the only physical proof that your site meets the ULC Standard for fire alarm monitoring.
- If your security alarm provider CANNOT issue a ULC Certificate they are not providing ULC-level monitoring.
- Reed Security is ULC Certified for both installation and monitoring; Reed Security can issue a ULC Certificate.
- CONTACT US today for your no obligation fire monitoring evaluation.
WHAT TYPES OF BUILDINGS WILL BE IMPACTED?
- Most buildings with fire alarm systems or fire sprinkler systems.
- Apartment Buildings
- Condominium Buildings
- High Rise Buildings
- Office Buildings
- Commercial Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
- Educational Buildings, Schools
- Public Buildings - Arenas, Stadiums, Performance Venues, Movie Theaters
- Hospitals, Care Homes
- Prisons, Jails
If you would like more information on ULC Fire Monitoring please Contact Us for a Free Fire Monitoring Evaluation.
SASKATOON SECURITY INQUIRIES
Reed Security Headquarters
Call 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE (7233)
PRINCE ALBERT SECURITY INQUIRIES
CALGARY SECURITY INQUIRIES
REGINA SECURITY INQUIRIES
Property that has two or more tenants is considered a multi-tenant property. This could be retail, industrial, office, condominium or an apartment building. Managing the security systems of multi-tenant properties can be a challenge for landlords and property managers - especially if the security systems are from different security providers.
We have extensive experience designing centrally managed security systems for housing authorities, property management companies, landlords, housing co-operatives, REITs, development companies and condominium corporations. Our security systems are remotely managed via easy-to-use central management software and high speed internet connections.
Instead of going to the property every time you need to change an access code or retrieve the footage from a security camera for the Police, you can login with apps for your PC, tablet or smartphone. This is a huge time saver! We can manage the security of your properties for you when you subscribe to a Concierge Service Plan.
We design layered security solutions that will save you time and money. The amount of security layers we implement are based on your needs and budget.
- Reduces Theft, Provides Accountability, Restricts Access
- Burglar, Fire, Medical, Temperature, Flood
- 24/7 ULC Monitoring service with POLICE and FIRE dispatch; Call List notification
- 3G/4G ALARM.COM Cellular Signaling – no phone line required
- Control with your PC / MAC / Android / iPhone / iPad
- User Code Control and User Reports via apps
- Instant Alerts via text and email
- Reduces Theft, Restricts Access
- Control Who Goes Where and When
- Control Doors, Elevators, Gates
- No More Keys to replace – delete users instantly
- HINT: Charge tenants a $20 refundable deposit for access keytags/cards
- Programmable schedules – weekday, weekend, holidays
- Optional: Intercom - Telephone-based or I.P. based
- Intercom Master Station at main entrance, NO tenant stations
- HINT: Save $$$ by not running wires to every suite
- Intercom Dials landline or cell phone, Door Release from phone
- Access programming on your PC / Android / iPhone / iPad
LAYER 3: REEDHD™ SECURITY CAMERAS
- Reduces Theft, Provides Accountability
- 1080P to 12MP HD (4x to 39x better quality than standard definition)
- HINT: Mount entrance cameras at 5 feet from the ground to Record Faces
- Records 24/7; providing video evidence of activities for 10 to 60+ days
- Access to cameras on your PC / MAC / Android / iPhone / iPad
- HINT: Do NOT use wireless, use wired only
- Reduces Theft, Reduces Liability, Provides Accountability, Fire Protection
- Intervention while a crime is in progress – catch intruders in the act
- Intervention while a fire is in progress – reduce losses
- POLICE and FIRE dispatch; Call List notification
- 25% to 50% Less expensive than security guards
- Approved by Insurance Companies as an alternative to Night Watchman
LAYER 5: FIRE SYSTEM MONITORING
- In 2018 Fire Departments across Saskatchewan started enforcing the CAN/ULC-S561 national standard
- Fire Inspectors or contracted Fire Protection System companies will be ask you for your CAN/ULC-S561 certificate
- The majority of buildings will not meet this national standard and upgrades will be required to obtain a CAN/ULC-S561 certificate
- Failure to present proper documentation will result in deficiencies and can delay occupancy until the deficiencies have been remedied
- Fire systems must be monitored by 24/7 ULC Monitoring Stations
- 2 paths of communication: Phone line + cellular communication
- Security Company must attend site within 4 hours
If you would like more information on centrally managed security systems that can save you time and money - We Can Help!
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A FREE SECURITY EVALUATION
Reed Security Headquarters
Call 306.653.3200 or 1.844.384.SAFE